Adult Sunday School groups are the heartbeat of Northlake Baptist Church. God’s Word, in all of it’s infinite capacities, is explored in various styles, depths, and methods. But, it’s all centered on God’s Word, which alone provides inerrant access to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is this Gospel alone which saves and transforms us, to be more like Jesus in our hearts, and in our actions. Yet, even further, these classes provide a consistent fellowship of mature and young believers so that all can be mutually encouraged in knowledge and passion to follow Jesus. Each class studies God’s word as an open, close-knit small group seeking to know more of Jesus and how He changes and impacts our lives.
Young Folks- Rm. 112A
– “Young Folks” class is a group of adult folks, with or without kids, who are studying through the Bible Studies for Life series. A major attribute of this class is its thorough discussion of current events, in addition to the regular breakfasts and fellowships in and out of church. David Jones, along with his wife Amanda, love facilitating the class’s discussion and sharing to grow in understanding how God’s word impacts current events in the world and in personal life. Any age or life stage is welcome. Click the photo above to see a video introducing the current study.
The Joint Heirs (Co-Ed)- Rm. 203
– Led by Paul and Jeanie Black (along with the help of Dr. Joe and Janey Chapman), this class uses Explore the Bible (which goes through the entire Bible in a 7-yr course) to study the Word of God each week. Their class is made up of adults from late 30s to around 60, and all walks of life- whether married, single, or divorced. They talk every week about how scripture applies to life. Bro. Paul wants you to know, “If you don’t feel like you fit in, you’re perfect for our class.”
R.P.M. (Running with Perseverance for the Master) (Co-Ed)- Rm. 204
– Co-taught by Tim Hurley, Steve Barnes, and James Thigpen, this class studies the Explore the Bible curriculum with a great desire to grow in knowledge of Jesus Christ. All three teachers work very hard as they rotate teaching weeks to a class of single and married adults, providing various backgrounds and lenses through which the class can grasp God’s Word.
Young Senior Adults (Co-Ed)- Rm. 102/104
– Young Senior Adults is a class of exactly that- Young Senior Adult singles and couples 55+ yrs old! Led by Ret. Col. Paul Wingo, they use Explore the Bible Sunday School curriculum each Sunday to dig into God’s Word. As a former music director, Bro. Paul brings a light-hearted attitude to the classroom as his class studies God’s Word and reaches out to the community.
Encouragers (Senior Adult Ladies)- Rm. A100 (beside the Sanctuary)
– The Encouragers class, led by Ms. Penny Ellis, follows the Explore the Bible track each week and dives deep into God’s Word with godly Senior Adult ladies who know God’s Word inside and out. They have great conversation and learning experiences as they walk in this season of life together.
Hearts Aglow (Co-Ed)- Sanctuary
– Hearts Aglow meets in the Sanctuary each week under the teaching of Rev. Richard Beam. The Hearts Aglow Sunday School class is a loving and caring group of seniors who don’t act like seniors! They serve each other when needs arise, enjoy regular class socials and trips. and their spiritual devotion is active and growing. Bro. Richard and his class invite you to worship with them, regardless of your age, each week as he leads his class deep in the word. They use The Gospel Project Curriculum to highlight Christ in all the scriptures.
College & Career (Co-Ed)- Rm. 201
– Our College and Career class, taught by Horace Fortner and MaryAnn Farmer, is currently going through the Answer in Genesis Curriculum which has an apologetics and hermeneutics (interpretation) focus. This class is for folks in their late teens and early-to-mid 20s who are in college, recently graduated, are currently looking for, or have begun their careers. Come join us in participating in a time of discussion and study of scripture and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Pathfinder’s (Co-Ed)- Rm. 204/206
– Minister of Music Rev. Derek Moore leads this apologetics-focused class through Answers in Genesis bible study curriculum each week. Connecting present issues with God’s Word and its timeless lessons through biblical, class-wide discussion, this class of adults from any life stage or situation works hard to have a ready defense of the gospel (1 Pt. 3:15)
The Bookmiller Bible Study Class (Co-Ed)- Rm. 207
– Experienced Sunday School teacher Tim LaMartina takes his class verse-by-verse through the scriptures each week, with discussion and insight throughout. Modeled on the style of the late Kenneth Bookmiller, this class stays near to the text in its study each week, and seeks to grow deeper in their knowledge of the Bible.
Seekers (Adult Women)- Rm. 210
– Candace Sutherland heads a class of ladies who each week take another step through an organized bible-study. Selecting from various studies, Ms. Sutherland leads her ladies through a variety of topics of study, so that they might know God’s Word and how to live it out in their lives.
Clase Biblica Hispana (Co-Ed)- Rm. 214
– Beginning at 10:30AM, our Spanish-speaking congregation meets for class in Room 212. Using Estudios Biblicos para la Vida curriculum, this class studies God’s Word as led by Mr. Antonio Rodriguez to better understand how God’s word impacts the issues in our everyday life. This bible study class leads directly into the Spanish-speaking worship hour in Rm. 214A/B.
– Empezando a las 10:30 AM, nuestra congregacion de habla hispana se reúne para estudio bíblico en el salón 212. Al usar Estudios Bíblicos para la Vida, esta clase estudia la Palabra de Dios a cargo del Sr. Antonio Rodriguez. El propósito es entender major cómo la palabra de Dios impacta en los problemas de la vida diaria. Justo después de ésta clase pasamos directamente a la hora de Adoración en Español en el salón 214.