AWANA Kicks Off September 4, 2013! Registration August 28th 6:30-7:30pm!Home > Featured, News > AWANA Kicks Off September 4, 2013! Registration August 28th 6:30-7:30pm!
Don’t miss the fun! Here’s what you can expect at AWANA…
Opening ceremonies can include any of these activities: welcome, prayer, presentation of the Awana Clubs and American flags, group Scripture recitation, announcements and singing.
This club segment brings kids together around the unique Awana Game Square for a variety of fun events led by a game director. Four teams compete in games enjoyed by kids of every ability and interest level. All clubbers have a chance to win in this balanced
event. They’ll also learn sportsmanship, teamwork and character through competition.
Small Group Time
Small Group Time is the segment when leaders mentor clubbers one on one through Bible-centered curriculum handbooks and Scripture memory in a small-group setting. The handbooks teach clubbers that learning God’s Word isn’t just for church. Children take the books home to study and work through them with their parents.
Large Group Time
Large Group Time lets kids absorb and apply Scripture messages. Large Group Time can include:
• Award presentations to recognize clubbers’ achievements
• Singing to lead clubbers in praising God before the Bible lesson
• Testimonies so clubbers and leaders can share and encourage one another
• A Bible lesson to teach clubbers God’s Word and form or strengthen a spiritual walk with Christ
• Invitations for clubbers to talk with leaders about trusting Christ as Savior.